Awakening Leadership Training Program
Towards A New Paradigm of Holistic Sustainability
(3rd September 2017– 25th January 2018)
Invitation – If you are a committed social change worker this 5-month program is for you. It will provide a break from your busy schedule and give you space to deeply reflect upon your life, society and the state of our ecosystem, and return back with energy rejuvenated, perspective broadened, and skills enhanced.
You may be a first rank or second rank leader of a non-profit organization, youth leader, or an individual who aspires for deeper spiritual growth as well as social justice and sustainability, or want to create or join an intentional community and ecovillage, then you will benefit tremendously from this course. You do not need to be a spiritual practitioner to join, as long as you have a willingness to explore and practice core spiritual values of compassion, wisdom, contentment and non-violence.
This course is participative, contemplative, reflective and creative:
- Students will participate actively in the learning process and, together with other participants contribute meaningfully to the body of knowledge within a trusted community of learning facilitated by skillful teachers/facilitators.
- Participants will learn to look at issues from various perspectives and develop critical and systematic thinking skills.
- Participants will develop mindfulness through daily practice.
- Although the course is intensive there will be a focus on fun within the learning process and enough time for rest and reflection.
- Mindful practice, participatory learning, critical thinking and enjoyment will be woven together holistically during this journey of learning.
The course is designed and will be facilitated by accomplished, experienced facilitators/ teachers with decades of experience teaching new paradigm leadership empowerment courses in Southeast Asia, China and UK through SEM-Spirit in Education Movement, ETA-Ecovillage Transition Asia, Gaia Education and Findhorn College.
During the course you will learn to know and love yourself, to deepen relationships with others. You will be able to analyze society and act wisely for change, while reconnecting with nature and working for sustainability. Furthermore you will be trained to unlearn and relearn to make your life and contribution relevant, meaningful, and rooted in ancient wisdom while being resilient in the present.
At the end of the course, you are expected to be a dynamic leader for change in the 21st century, ready to be invisible like air and visible like a mountain, heavy like a rock and light like cotton, cool like water and hot like fire. You will be less self-centred, more confident yet humble, more trustful and more careful, committed to working for society while knowing how to take good care of yourself.
This program is a joint venture of International Network of Engaged Buddhists & Ecovilllage Transition Asia.
Supervisors: Sulak Sivaraksa & Lodi Gyari Rinpoche
Program Directors : Pracha Hutanuwatra & Jane Rasbash
Coordinators: Jessica Armour & Walra Peepathum
- Full program (3 Sept – 25 Jan 2018) – USD $9,975. Participants who register for whole course will receive 15% discount, for a total of USD $8,479.
- Participants who register per thematic area of modules (e.g. EDE social dimension) will receive 10% discount.
- Per module fee costs vary (see schedule).
Certification: Parts of this programme are certified through Gaia Education (www.gaiaeducation.org). If you wish to receive Ecovillage Design Education (EDE) certification, you must complete modules 1-14. If you wish to receive Training of Trainer (ToT) certification, you must complete module 18.
Those who pay full price will automatically be supporting those with financial need. Partial bursary is available for participants in need, please contact coordinators at email@example.com.